- MEASUREMENT MICROPHONES
MicW is a member of the BSWA Technology measurement microphone company which was founded in 1998 as a joint venture between the Chinese Academy of Sciences and five sound engineers. Today, BSWA microphones are widely used in aerospace, automotive, and environment noise measurements. The experience gained from designing measurement microphones enabled BSWA to create the new microphone brand MicW for use in audio and musical applications.
MicW uses unique methods to produce its microphone capsules with diaphragms made from titanium, nickel, stainless steel, and polymer composites. In addition, carefully selected quartz insulating material within the construction ensures stability against high temperatures and humidity. Each capsule is individually calibrated using the free field method according to the measurement microphone standards and aged in an environmental chamber for long-term stability.
Products of MicW are divided into various series based on the material and functions of the microphone:
- I-Series microphones for iOS and other mobile devices;
- E-Series entry level microphones;
- L-Series Lavalier microphones for television and stage work;
- N-Series nickel diaphragm high performance microphones;
- M-Series measurement microphones;
- T-Series titanium diaphragm large diameter microphones.